- Novel Sensors
- Real-time data analytics and closed loop control
- Complex prognostics, diagnostics and sensor validation
- Modeling, Simulation and Control of power, energy and engineering systems
- AI, Machine Learning and Image Processing
- Multiobjective Optimisation
- Finite Element and Computational Fluid Dynamics, modeling and simulation
- Active materials and embedded systems
Collaborating with the University of Nottingham and Derby Royal hospital, we are currently developing a system for non-invasive, continuous blood pressure monitoring of Dialysis patients.
Prof Jill Stewart is developing a complex analysis of continuous blood pressure and ECG measurements to measure physological degradarion due to lack of perfusion.
Prof Paul Stewart is the recipient of an externally funded research chair and is working with the Sir Peter Mansfield MRI Centre at the University of Nottingham to develop advnced adaptive control of multi-parametric imaging to enhance the capabilities of Machine Learning for image diagnostics.
One of our PhD students is developing a software simulation model of the cardiovascular and associated nervous system control structure. This complements our laboratory cardiovascular and dialysis experimental simulator.
Professor Paul Stewart
BEng PhD CertHE FHEA SMIEE FIMechE Chartered Engineer
University of Derby, IISE
Lonsdale House, Quaker Way, Derby DE1 3HD, UK