Prof Paul Stewart
Professor of Control and Systems Engineering
Research Chair in Energy and Endowed Chair in Intelligent Systems
University of Derby.
University of Lincoln
- Professor of Power and Energy Systems, Director EPSRC Low Carbon Airport Energy Technologies Network
- Pro Vice Chancellor Research
- Founding Head of the School of Engineering in collaboration with Siemens
University of Salford
- Professor of Control Systems Engineering, Head of Aeronautical Engineering. Co-Director: CASE Centre for Control and Systems Engineering.
University of Sheffield
- Lecturer & Senior Lecturer, Electrical Machines and Drives Research Group, Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering.
- Director of MEng Projects – Electrical Engineering.
- Staff Member of the Rolls-Royce UTC in Advanced Electrical Machines and Drives.
- Staff Member Rolls-Royce UTC in Control Systems
Some Professional Activities
- Chairman: UK and Republic of Ireland IEEE Industrial Electronics Chapter (2009 – 2010)
- Member of the UKRC EPSRC Peer Review College and Funding Panels (2005-)
- EU Horizon 2020 Expert Funding Panel: Energy and Transport (2015-)
- Editorial board of the International Journal of Automation and Computing (2010 – ).
- Associate Editor in Chief, Energies Journal (2011 -).
- EU Framework Programme Committee: ACARE – Flight Path 2050 – Workgroup3 – Innovative Technologies
- Electrical Power Systems UK National Advisory Committee (2005-2009)
- Board Member AIMEA-UK Academic Initiative in the More Electric Aircraft Consortium (Sheffield, Nottingham, Bristol, Manchester and Newcastle Universities) EU MOET Programme with Airbus (2005-8)
- Advisory Board: Birmingham Centre for Cryogenic Energy Storage (2014-15)
- Advisory Board: Centre for Low Carbon Futures (2014-15)
- Member D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership Boards: SME Innovation; Low Carbon, Energy
- University of Derby Lead: ERDF ESIF: Priority Axes 2&4, Innovation, Transport and Low Carbon
- Winner: Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Award for Knowledge Exchange and Transfer 2015.
- Winner: Times Higher Education Award for Outstanding Employer Engagement with Siemens 2012
- Siemens Power and Energy UK University Principal Partner Status 2012 – (Global Status 2015)
- Winner: IMechE 2011 Charles Sharpe Beecher Prize for Aerospace
- Winner: Lord Stafford Award 2011 for industrial collaboration.
- IET Awards 2011 – Highly Commended for Industrial Partnership with Siemens
- IET Awards 2010 – Highly Commended for Industrial Partnership with Siemens