This was an EU Framework V project collaboration between the Electrical Machines and Drives Group at the University of Sheffield, Johnson Controls in Paris, and Peugeot PSA. The project outcome was the delivery of actuators and control systems for the replacement of cams in automotive engines with electrical and electronic devices to allow valve timing flexibility and control.
- Clark R.E., Stewart P., Jewell G.W. and Howe D., “ Tailoring force-stroke characteristics in medium-stroke linear reluctance actuators” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol.38, No.5, pp.3267-3269 2002.
- Stewart P., Gladwin D. and Fleming P.J., “Multiobjective analysis for the design and control of an electromagnetic valve actuator” Proceedings of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering. Vol. 221(5), pp. 567-577, 2007.
- Clark R.E., Stewart P., Jewell G.W. and Howe D., “ Tailoring force-stroke characteristics in medium-stroke linear reluctance actuators” IEEE INTERMAG International Conference on Magnetics. Amsterdam, Holland. Paper GU08, April 28-May 02, 2002.
- Stewart P., Clark R.E., Jewell G.W. and Fleming P.J., “Controllability analysis of multi objective control systems” IEE / IEEE International Conference on Computer aided Control System Design, Glasgow, Scotland, pp.74-79, 18-20 September, 2002.
- Stewart P. and Fleming P.J., “Metamodels for real-time control – an automotive design study”, Proceedings of 17th European Simulation Multiconference. June 9th – 11th, Nottingham UK.
|Publication number||US20070025046 A1|
|Application number||US 10/540,015|
|Publication date||1 Feb 2007|
|Filing date||19 Dec 2003|
|Priority date||23 Dec 2002|
|Also published as||EP1576260A1, WO2004061276A1|
|Inventors||Christophe Maerky, Geraint Jewell, Richard Clark, Paul Stewart|
|Original Assignee||Christophe Maerky, Geraint Jewell, Richard Clark, Paul Stewart|